Where and How to Hire a WordPress Web Developer
Table of Contents
If you’re running a blog or business website, it’s essential to hire a WordPress developer. This is especially true if your site is getting more traffic than you anticipated and there are issues with its performance. Here’s what you need to know about hiring one and how to get started!
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS). A CMS allows you to easily make changes and additions to your website without having to learn how to code. It’s like the difference between using Microsoft Word versus installing Microsoft Word on your own computer. If you want to change something, WordPress will make it easy for you by allowing its users to do so through an admin panel similar to their desktop computers.
WordPress is also a web application which means it runs in the cloud and has been developed with an open source model of coding which gives developers freedom to customize their sites however they see fit. This may seem like overkill if all you need is a simple brochure site or personal blog but it comes into play when creating more complex websites that require more flexibility such as e-commerce sites or membership portals where custom functions are needed on each page (like adding products from another site).
When do you need a WordPress developer?
If you’re having trouble with your WordPress site and think it might be best to hire a developer, there are several reasons that can be the case:
- You want to add new features to your website. For example, if you want to build an online store or add something similar to what Amazon has on its site, you will need a developer who understands e-commerce.
- You want to customize your theme (the design of your site). If you don’t have coding experience but would like a custom look for certain pages or sections of your website, hiring someone with experience doing this kind of work can save time and money in the long run.
- You want to switch themes completely! When a new theme comes out that looks great but doesn’t quite match what’s already on our site now–or maybe we just aren’t happy with any existing ones we’ve tried out so far–it may be time for some professional assistance from someone familiar with coding languages like HTML5/CSS3 (these two languages allow developers create layouts that display properly online).
Where to find your WordPress developer
Finding the right WordPress developer for your needs can seem like a daunting task. But with some research and know-how, it’s not difficult to find the perfect fit. Here are some tips:
- If you’re looking to hire a WordPress developer in your area, there are several ways to do this. A good place to start may be local job boards or community groups that cater specifically to professionals in your industry. If there isn’t anything like that available in your area, search online using keywords like “web designer Halifax” or “Halifax website developer.” You may also want to consider posting an ad on a site like Craigslist (or its international equivalent).
- Searching online is always an option—even if you’re not sure exactly what type of professional skillset you’re looking for yet! It’s helpful when narrowing down these searches by including specific locations and industries when possible; especially if there aren’t many listings available locally but many more options abroad.
How to hire a WordPress developer
Whether you’re hiring a WordPress developer or any other type of software-related employee, there are some things you should consider as you make your decision.
- Look for someone who is experienced and has good reviews. It’s important that the person has experience with WordPress (and with whatever else your project requires). That way they’ll know what they’re doing and can help guide your business in the right direction as it grows. If a potential developer does not have any reviews about their work, it may be worth taking a chance on them anyway—as long as they have some sort of references from previous clients that can vouch for their professional abilities.
- Consider how much time it will take to complete the project. You want to find someone who is able to do the job efficiently without wasting too much of your own time or money in this process!
- Work within your budget constraints when hiring anyone! This will save both parties headaches down the road if things don’t go according to plan because one side feels like they’re being taken advantage of due to unforeseen costs arising unexpectedly later down the line (which inevitably happens).
You should definitely take a look at the testimonials on the company’s website. These will give you some insight into how they work with clients and what their past clients have to say about them.
If you don’t see any testimonials on their site, ask if they have any from previous clients—or just ask them why there aren’t any!
If you’re interested in reading reviews of people who haven’t hired this developer, check out sites like Yelp or Google Business Profile. They’ll be able to tell you what others think of the WordPress web developer’s services without actually knowing anything about them (and therefore might not be biased).
If you are having issues with your WordPress site and can’t fix it yourself, here’s where you can go to get help.
If you’re having issues with your WordPress site, and can’t fix it yourself, here are some options that may be helpful:
- Hire a freelancer. You can find freelancers via Upwork or Freelancer.com. Freelancers can be great if they know what they are doing and communicate well with their clients.
- Hire a company or agency that specializes in WordPress development (or hire someone from one of these companies). Some companies specialize in developing custom themes for specific industries, like e-commerce or real estate; others offer more general services such as maintenance contracts for existing sites or providing consultations on how to improve your site’s functionality.
- Hire someone who does consulting work specifically for small businesses—there are lots of consultants out there who will help with everything from logo design to SEO optimization!
Website Design Halifax Nova Scotia
Our Website Design Halifax Nova Scotia team is ready to serve you, contact us today and find out how we can help take your business to new heights.